Standard Royalty-Free License
When you purchase a map from our web site you automatically receive the Royalty-Free License. This is our standard license, and there is no need to submit any additional license forms or fees. The license is granted on a perpetual basis, with no renewals, and no production limits.
The Royalty-Free license allows you to use the maps in:
- Print media, including text books, newspapers, magazines, journals, reports, directories.
- Advertising and promotional materials, including brochures, ads, product packaging, book covers, and other printed and digital collateral materials.
- Websites, as long as the map is not the primary content of the web page, or used primarily for attracting internet traffic or advertising.
- Physical products for resale, as long as the map is an incidental element of the product.
The Royalty-Free License permits only a single user or single agency client to use the map. If you need multiple users, please see our Multi Seat Royalty-Free License.
If you are licensing the maps for a company or organization, you may not use them for personal use or for a second company or organization.
If you are a designer or agency purchasing the maps for a client, you may not use the maps for another client. An additional license is required for each additional client.
The Royalty-Free license does not allow use of the maps in:
- Resale products where the map is the primary element such as an atlas, prints, posters, bulletin boards, whiteboards, puzzles, or any other product where the map is prominent and other elements are incidental.
- Electronic products and services, such as software programs, apps, e-books, online curriculum, hand-held devices, news services, phone networks.
- Broadcast, movie, theatrical and video productions.
- Items produced through an on-demand system, such as posters, prints, map wallpaper, t-shirts, mugs, greeting cards, calendars, engraving templates, templates for website designs.
For these uses, we offer simple and affordable Extended Use Licenses.
Multi Seat Licenses
If you work for a larger organization - for example a university or company design department - and need more than one user to work with the maps in their original format (for example Adobe Illustrator or PowerPoint format), you can upgrade to a Multi Seat License. Multi Seat licenses can be purchased for groups ranging from 2+ users. Get information and pricing for Multi Seat Licenses.