Map Resources Royalty-Free License
When you purchase a map from Map Resources you automatically receive our Standard Royalty-Free License. This is the standard license that most users need, and is included in the price of the product. This license covers most uses in business, graphic design, and advertising.
There is no need to submit any additional license forms or fees. The license is granted on a perpetual basis, with no renewals and no production limits.
Allowed Uses Under the Standard Royalty-Free License:
- Print media, including text books, newspapers, magazines, journals, reports, manuals, directories.
- Internal documents (print and digital), including reports, presentations, proposals, technical documents, and other printed and digital materials.
- Advertising and promotional materials, including brochures, ads, product packaging, book covers, and other printed and digital collateral materials.
- Websites, as long as the map is not the primary content of the web page, or used primarily for attracting internet traffic or advertising.
- Physical products for resale, as long as the map is an incidental element (not the primary value) of the product.
- Up to 10 Users. The standard Royalty-Free License permits up to 10 users from a single licensee to use the map. If you need more than 10 users, please see our Multi Seat Royalty-Free License.
If you are a designer or agency purchasing the maps for a client, the license technically belongs to that client, and so you may not use the maps for another client. A license is required for each client.
If you are licensing the maps for a company or organization, you may not use them for personal use or for a second company or organization.
The Royalty-Free license does not allow use of the maps in:
- Resale products where the map is the primary element such as an atlas, prints, posters, bulletin boards, whiteboards, puzzles, or any other product where the map is prominent and other elements are incidental. This includes items produced through an on-demand system, such as posters, prints, map wallpaper, t-shirts, mugs, greeting cards, calendars, engraving templates, templates for website designs, etc.
- Electronic products and digital services, such as software programs, apps, e-books, online curriculum, hand-held devices, news services, phone networks.
- Broadcast, movie, theatrical and video productions.
- For uses that exceed the Royalty-Free License, we offer simple and affordable Extended Licenses.
- If you need access for more than 10 users, please see our Multi Seat Licenses.
You can use the "License Options" on each product page to purchase Extended Licenses online when you purchase a map or collection. If you want to add a license to a product you already purchased, please contact us at 609-397-1611 or email@example.com.